- Barack Obama comes out swinging in ugly debate clash with Mitt Romney
- President hits challenger over Bain Capital career and personal wealth then ends by bringing up '47 per cent' video comments
- Bitter fight over Benghazi as Obama describes GOP claims as 'offensive'
- Defends his record but Romney says to audience, 'You know better'
- Riled GOP candidate at one point ordered President to sit down
- Obama painted Romney as 'extreme' on social issues such as abortion
- Moderator Candy Crowley controversially intervenes in fiery exchanges
- President given slim lead in first polls of debate-watchers
|1 debate left; 2 alphas wage fight of their lives|
|Analysis: Romney, Obama ask voters: Trust me|
|•||FACT CHECK: Stumbles in latest presidential debate|